Tidewater Sells Tugs to Crosby Marine
Tidewater Inc. on Thursday announced the closing on the sale of ten offshore tugs for a total cash price of $31.5 million. The culmination of this transaction results in an approximate $24 million pre-tax financial gain, or $.27 per common share after tax.
The company previously announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement with Crosby Marine Transportation, LLC to sell a total of 14 offshore tugs. The balance of the four tugs covered by the definitive agreement, with a total sales price of $13.3 million, should close over the next four months as current charter contracts to which the four tugs are subject to expire.
Parks Paton Hoepfl & Brown, who served as financial advisor to the company, commented, "This transaction was a good one for both parties - Tidewater received a fair price for the vessels and Crosby Marine acquired quality assets that are a good strategic fit for its operations."
Tidewater Inc. owns over 515 vessels, the world's largest fleet of vessels serving the global offshore energy industry.
- Tidewater Maintains Weak OSV Outlook, but Positioned for Opportunities (May 28)
- Tidewater Clinches Construction Contract with Drydocks World (Oct 06)
- Tidewater Strengthens Senior Management Team (Apr 02)
Company: Crosby Marine Transportation LLC more info
- Tidewater Sells Tugs to Crosby Marine (Aug 18)
- Tidewater Announces Pending Sale of 14 Offshore Tugs (Aug 11)