Apache Spuds Libris-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that the Libris-1 exploration well located in the northern portion of WA-246-P in the Dampier sub-basin has spud and has drilled ahead to 599 meters measured depth.
The Libris-1 well is designed to explore for hydrocarbons within the Upper Angel Formation and also to test for hydrocarbons at the Lower Angel Formation level.
Libris-1 is expected to take approximately 25 days to reach the proposed total vertical depth of 3,450 meters. WA-246-P joint venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 45%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 10%; Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 20%; Santos (Globe) Pty Ltd with15% and Pan Pacific Petroleum NL with10%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)