Ministry Official: Salta E&P Tender Interest Exceeding Expectations
The number of bidding rules sold to develop six hydrocarbons blocks in Argentine province Salta has "exceeded expectations," a project official from Salta's production and labor ministry told BNamericas.
The deadline to purchase rules for the E&P contracts is August 18 and 40 sets of rules have been sold to date, said the official. The ministry launched the bidding process in April.
Potential bidders include Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), Argentine oil companies Tecpetrol and Pluspetrol, and Anglo-Argentine oil firm PanAmerican Energy.
Offers will be due about 30 days after the purchase deadline, the official said.
The blocks are in Salta's northwest Chaco-Saltena region and cover 29,000 sq km. The blocks are classified as medium and high risk.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: PanAmerican Energy more info
- Neuquen Maintenance May Impact Exports (Jan 09)
- Ministry Official: Salta E&P Tender Interest Exceeding Expectations (Aug 16)
- Three Companies Purchase Bidding Rules in Salta Tender (May 19)