Shell and Halliburton Strike Deal for Drilling Software Services
Halliburton's Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division has entered into a global framework agreement with Shell International Exploration and Production B.V. (SIEP) that will enable SIEP and its affiliates to expand their global real-time infrastructure for the provision of seamless, secure and open access to proprietary data whenever and wherever it is required across the globe.
The global framework agreement provides SIEP and its affiliates with worldwide access to Sperry Drilling Services' INSITE® and INSITE Anywhere® information technology services and related systems. Specifically, the agreement provides for rigsite data aggregation, transmission of the data to SIEP's and/or its affiliates' real-time operations centers (RTOCs), and data integration using the WITSML standard with other drilling software in use within SIEP. Sperry Drilling Services is a brand of Halliburton's Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division.
"This global agreement validates the significant benefits that both SIEP and Halliburton have realized from the real-time operating environment in the Gulf of Mexico. We are extremely pleased to be able to expand this capability with SIEP while continuing to develop new benefits from this emerging technology," said Brady Murphy, vice president, Sperry Drilling Services.
"SIEP uses RTOC facilities throughout the well delivery life cycle, from collaborative well planning to remote monitoring and optimization of rigsite operations," said Afif Halal, business improvement manager, SIEP.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)