PDVSA Inks 7 New E&P Deals for 60% Control
Venezuelan state oil firm PDVSA's subsidiary CVP has signed seven E&P joint ventures, CVP said in two statements.
CVP signed two JVs with UK oil major BP (NYSE: BP) called Boqueron and Petroperija; three with Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) called Petroven-Bras, Petroritupano and Petrokarina; one with Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) called Petroquiriquire; and one with Argentina's CGC called Petronado.
CVP holds 60% of the JVs.
Boqueron produces 7,500 barrels a day (b/d); Petroperija 12,000b/d; Petroven-Bras 2,000b/d; Petroritupano 45,000b/d; Petrokarina 2,800b/d; Petroquiriquire 30,500b/d; and Petronado 4,500b/d.
Venezuela's national assembly has approved the JV deals in accordance with the 2004 hydrocarbons law, which states PDVSA must have at least 51% in every oil E&P project in Venezuela.
The new joint ventures substitute the old operating agreements between PDVSA and foreign oil companies, which the state company deemed too expensive.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)