Norway Pre-qualifies Verbundsnetz Gas as a Licensee
The Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has pre-qualified Verbundsnetz Gas AG as a licensee on the Norwegian continental shelf. Verbundsnetz Gas AG is a company engaged in import, storage and distribution of gas in the eastern regions of Germany (the former DDR).
Verbundsnets Gas accounts for 16 percent of the total market in Germany. The company buys about 25 percent of its gas from Norway and operates an extensive pipeline network for gas distribution in the former East Germany.
To bring in new, competent players on the shelf, Norwegian authorities have set up a system for pre-qualification of both licensees and operators. The pre-qualification system has been established to offer the companies an evaluation of their suitability to participate on the Norwegian continental shelf before they expend resources assessing specific business opportunities.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum & Energy more info
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)
Company: Verbundsnetz Gas AG more info
- Norway Pre-qualifies Verbundsnetz Gas as a Licensee (Aug 14)