Veritas Tapped for Marantao Survey
Ottoman on Sunday announced that its NorAsian subsidiary has executed a contract with Veritas Geophysical for a 400 km seismic program over the Marantao Prospect in its S.W. Palawan deep-water block (SC55).
Commenting further, Ottoman's Managing Director said: - "The proposed arrangements to bring the MPSS to the Philippines on a long term contract and the execution of the seismic contract with Veritas for SC55 earlier this week, demonstrates Ottoman's commitment to its significant exploration and production portfolio in the Philippines."
Ottoman currently holds an indirect 50% beneficial interest in the Calauit Oil Field (SC50) via its shareholding in NorAsian. Subject to shareholder approval being received at the General Meeting to be held on 18 August, Ottoman will hold an 100% beneficial interest in SC50.
Vital Resources Corp ("Vital") has the right to earn a 30% interest in
NorAsian's three licenses SC50, SC51 and SC55. To acquire these interests, Vital will
be contributing the majority of the expenditures relating to the seismic program and
bringing the Calauit Oil Field into production.
- GFI Confirms 3-D Program Completed Over Kambuna (Mar 02)
- TG World Issues Update on Central North Slope Activities (Dec 26)
- Nido Runs into Mechanical Difficulties with Philippine 3D Survey (Nov 14)
Company: Otto Energy more info
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Vital Resources Corp. more info
- LOI for Vital in Sumatra (Oct 12)
- Vital Resources Inks LOI to Acquire Two Indonesian Fields (Oct 04)
- Vital Resources to Acquire Two Fields in Sumatra (Sep 27)