V&M Star to Provide Line Pipe for BP Prudhoe Bay
V&M Star, a division of Vallourec & Mannesmann Tubes (V&M Tubes), has been selected to provide 30-35,000 feet of 10¾-inch, high-strength, seamless line pipe for BP’s Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, pipeline operations.
BP has announced plans to replace approximately 16 miles of oil transit lines at Prudhoe Bay and has completed placing orders for new pipe segments.
V&M Star has agreed to adjust current operating schedules in both its Houston and Youngstown, Ohio, facilities to provide BP with the best possible delivery. Final delivery of the product will be made to BP in Houston by mid-September. BP will independently arrange transportation from Houston to Prudhoe Bay.
The process will begin in Youngstown with steel and pipe-making. Then, the pipe will be shipped to Houston for final processing, which includes heat treatment, inspection and end finishing.
V&M Star is the steel manufacturing arm of V&M Tubes’ North America OCTG division. V&M Tubes has a long-standing relationship with BP in the U.S. and is a current OCTG supplier to BP’s drilling operations in the lower 48 states and Alaska.
- BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance (Oct 03)
- Oil Price Spike Could be Short-lived (Sep 25)
- BP Oil-Buying Spree Jolts Sleepy West African Crude Market (Sep 14)
Company: V&M Tubes more info
- OMS Measures Up for Innovation Award (Mar 19)
- Statoil Seals Steel Deals for Drilling, Developments (May 18)
- V&M Star to Provide Line Pipe for BP Prudhoe Bay (Aug 14)