Hercules Offshore Appoints New Director
Hercules Offshore, Inc. said that on August 10, its Board of Directors increased the size of the Board from seven to eight directors and appointed Thierry Pilenko to fill the newly created directorship. The Board also appointed Mr. Pilenko to the Audit Committee, replacing John Reynolds on the committee. Mr. Pilenko joined the class of directors whose term will expire at the 2007 annual stockholders' meeting.
Mr. Pilenko has been chairman and chief executive officer and a director of Veritas DGC Inc. since March 2004. Prior to that time and since 2001, Mr. Pilenko served as managing director of SchlumbergerSema, a Schlumberger Ltd. company located in Paris. From 1998 to 2001, he was president of Geoquest, another Schlumberger Ltd. company located in Houston, Texas. Mr. Pilenko was employed by Schlumberger Ltd. and its affiliated companies in various parts of the world beginning in 1984 in a variety of progressively more responsible operating positions.
Headquartered in Houston, Hercules Offshore, Inc. owns a fleet of nine jackup drilling rigs and 51 liftboats. The Company offers a range of services to oil and gas producers to meet their needs during drilling, well service, platform inspection, maintenance, and decommissioning operations in shallow waters.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Hercules Offshore Sells Jackup at 94% Loss (Jul 12)
- Hercules Offshore Lays Off 60 at Houston Headquarters (Jun 13)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- States Look to Block Seismic Surveys in Atlantic (Dec 20)
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
Company: Veritas DGC more info
- KBR Splits from Halliburton, Names New Board Members (Apr 09)
- Caspian Services Adds Seismic Source Vessel to Fleet (Mar 29)
- Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip (Jan 16)