J. Ray Wins Saudi PDM Contract
McDermott International, Inc. said that a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. ("J. Ray") was awarded a new contract from Saudi Aramco to supply 16 Production Deck Modules ("PDMs") for Saudi Arabia's offshore fields.
"These 16 PDMs form part of Saudi Aramco's Maintain Potential program that aims to increase offshore production capacity," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray. "In December of last year, we were awarded work by Saudi Aramco to build the corresponding 16 jackets, which once installed will support these production deck modules."L
J. Ray will carry out construction engineering, partial procurement, and fabrication of these modules at the company's Jebel Ali fabrication yard. Each PDM weighs an average of 450 metric tons. First steel will be cut for the modules in October 2006 while procurement and engineering is already underway.
All installation work will be conducted by J. Ray. The first two decks are scheduled for installation by the middle of 2007, followed by 10 decks to be completed by the end of October 2007, with the remaining decks scheduled for installation by the middle of 2008.
McDermott International, Inc. is a leading worldwide energy services company. McDermott subsidiaries provide engineering, construction, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management and facility management services to a variety of customers in the power and energy industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)