PDVSA, Petrobras to Undertake NatGas E&P in Mariscal Sucre
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) and Venezuela's state oil firm PDVSA will perform joint offshore natural gas E&P in eastern Venezuela's Mariscal Sucre, PDVSA president Rafael Ramirez told reporters.
"Petrobras president [Jose Gabrielli] has confirmed to us Petrobras' participation as PDVSA's partner in the Mariscal Sucre project," Ramirez said, adding output could start in 2008.
The partners will perform E&P on all four of Sucre's blocks: Rio Caribe, Mejillones, Patao and Dragon, Jorge Luis Sanchez, president of Venezuela's natural gas regulator Enagas, said at a separate event.
"The partnership with Petrobras will deal with E&P, while PDVSA Gas will handle the downstream," Sanchez said, adding it is too early to say how much the partners will invest in their E&P program.
Production would in part feed the CIGMA petrochemicals complex on the shores of nearby Sucre state. CIGMA construction will start in August.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)