Transocean 'Wins' Acknowledgement of Compliance
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has granted an acknowledgement of compliance (AoC) for the mobile drilling facility Transocean Winner operated by Transocean Offshore (North Sea) Ltd NUF (Transocean).
Transocean Winner is a semi-submersible drilling facility of the GVA 4000 type built in 1983 by Gotaverken Arendal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Transocean initially applied for an AoC for the facility in January 2002, but the application was later withdrawn as the facility was laid up in Ølen.
The new the application for AoC was submitted March 3, 2006. PSA has concluded its administrative procedures and verification activities and has granted an AoC for the facility as of August 4, 2006.
Transocean Winner is now on its way from Ølen to Fram Vest where it will perform exploration and production drilling for Norsk Hydro Produksjon a.s (Hydro). Hydro has signed an agreement with Transocean regarding lease of the facility for a period of three years.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)