PetroRig 1 Wins Five Year Contract from Petrobras
Petrobras has contracted the PetroMENA newbuild, PetroRig 1, for work in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Brazil. The contract is for five years and is valued at US $700 million.
The contract will commence upon delivery of the rig, owned by PetroMENA AS, from the Jurong Shipyard in Singapore the 2nd quarter 2009.
The contract was signed by Larsen Oil and Gas Ltd. of Aberdeen. Larsen also has a similar drilling rig, PetroRig 2, owned by PetroMENA AS under construction at Jurong Shipyard for delivery at the end of 2009, as well as 2 heavy duty (375ft) jackups owned by PetroJack ASA for delivery in 2008.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PetroMena more info
- Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I (Apr 29)
- PetroMena Denies Default on PetroRigs I & III (Apr 06)
- Seadrill Snaps Up Stake in Petromena's Bond Loan for 2 Deepwater Rigs (Mar 30)