Shell-Petronas JV Delivers First Gas from E8
Shell Malaysia has achieved another exploration and production milestone with the first delivery of natural gas from the E8 field off the coast of Sarawak, Malaysia.
Operated by Sarawak Shell Berhad, the E8 field is a key component of the E11 Hub Integrated Gas project, one of Shell's largest ongoing projects in the Asia Pacific region.
Under the hub integration project, gas production from surrounding fields is channeled to the E11 complex for processing before being delivered on-shore via pipeline to the Petronas Liquefied Natural Gas Complex at Bintulu. The coming on stream of E8 is a major milestone in the overall E11 project.
One of five fields developed to ensure continued supply to the LNG Complex, E8 will make the E11 complex the biggest gas production facility--in terms of volume--in Sarawak waters. The other four fields are E11, F23, F6, and F13.
The other E11 satellite gas field developments, F13 West and F13 East, are expected to come on stream in the next three years, when the E11 complex's production will peak.
The project go-ahead for E8 was granted in September 2003. After three years and 5,500,000 man-hours, the project delivered first gas on schedule on 24th July. During the peak of fabrication activity, some 1,200 people were working on this project in five different locations.
Shell Malaysia and Petronas Carigali each has a 50-percent interest in the E11 Hub Integrated Gas Project, with Shell Malaysia as the operator.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)