Anadarko Wins Antitrust Clearance for Western Gas Acquisition
Anadarko Petroleum Corp. said Tuesday that its proposed acquisition of Western Gas Resources, Inc. has achieved U.S. antitrust clearance, as the statutory waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act expired without issuance of a second request by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Anadarko expects to close the transaction as soon as practicable following regulatory clearance from the Wyoming Public Service Commission and Western Gas shareholder approval at the special meeting set for Aug. 23.
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
- Anadarko Raises Dividend Payout, Share Buyback Program (Feb 07)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Western Gas Resources, Inc. more info
- Anadarko Announces $2.2B Midstream Monetization (Dec 27)
- Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief (May 07)
- Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility (Apr 11)