Hardman Commences Mputa-1 Flow Tests
Tullow Oil Plc, which is a partner in the Mputa-1 discovery well in Block 2 in Uganda, said that operator Hardman Resources issued the following update:
At 8 a.m. local time on August 6, flow testing commenced on the Mputa-1 discovery well in Block 2. Tests of three intervals are planned at this location. Operations commenced with a speculative test on the fractured granite basement play where hydrocarbons were encountered during drilling. This test recovered only minor amounts of oil, likely due to a restricted and tight fracture system.
The two principal tests aim to confirm fluid characteristics and flow potential of oil bearing sand intervals similar to those successfully tested at Waraga-1 in the last quarter. The testing of the first of two sand intervals should commence towards the end of this week.
Equities in Block 2 are Hardman Petroleum Africa Pty Ltd (operator, 50%) and Tullow (50%).
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)