Hyundai, Shell Sign Letter of Intent for GTL Project in Qatar
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (HHI) said that it has signed a letter of intent with Qatar Shell GTL Limited, a Royal Dutch Shell plc subsidiary, for the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) for the feed gas preparation works of the Pearl GTL Project. HHI will perform the work in a consortium with Chiyoda Corp. called CHC.
The project for two trains of gas processing units, with a capacity of 850 MSCFD and a total of 1,700 MSCFD of natural gas (equivalent to 8 MMTPA of LNG), will send feed gas to the GTL core unit to produce 140,000 barrels per day of GTL products. The project will be completed around the end of the decade in a staged sequence for phases 1 and 2.
The GTL plant will produce virtually sulfur-free, clean liquid products and fuels. With lower emissions at point of use, it can play a major role in reducing local air pollution in cities and provide a strategic diversification of liquid transport fuel for importing countries. As evolving technology, various GTL projects are being planned worldwide and HHI, by participating in this GTL project, has created a major milestone for future GTL projects.
HHI aims to get more orders while focusing on oil and gas projects by consolidating its position as major EPC contractor in the western African region. Amid continuing high oil prices, major oil companies are actively developing natural gas and crude oil by keeping investing in upstream sector. HHI will focus its business resources on areas with high prospects for future orders, such as Nigeria, southwestern Africa, and the Middle East.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Chiyoda Corporation more info
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)