Fitch Upgrades Pan American, Petrobras Energia Ratings
Fitch Ratings has upgraded its rating on Argentine oil company Pan American Energy's (PAE) foreign currency issuer default rating (IDR) to BB- from B+ and on Petrobras Energia (NYSE: PZE), the Argentine subsidiary of Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), to B+ from B, the ratings agency said in a statement.
The increase was made as a result of Fitch's upgrade of Argentine corporates' long-term local currency issuer default rating to B from B- and the country ceiling to B+ from B, according to the statement.
"The Argentine sovereign rating actions reflect reductions in government financing requirements and favorable near-term economic prospects," according to the Fitch report. Debt amortization requirements through end-2007 are modest compared with those of other speculative grade sovereigns."
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Pan American Energy more info
- Pan American Energy to Invest $1.4B in Argentina this Year (Jul 14)
- Official: Argentina To Boost Crude Oil Output To 653,000 Bpd By 2025 (May 27)
- Pan American Energy to Invest $3.4B in Argentina from 2013-2017 (Dec 28)