NPCC Wins Another Contract from Maersk Oil Qatar
The National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, has been awarded by Maersk Oil Qatar AS, Qatar, another major EPIC Contract for Submarine Pipelines for Block 5 Field Development Plan of Al Shaheen Field, Qatar. Block 5 is operated by Maersk Oil Qatar AS under a Production Sharing Agreement with Qatar Petroleum. The contract was signed in Doha on July 31, 2006.
Scope of work under the EPIC turnkey contract includes Design, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Offshore Installation and Testing of approx. 260 kilometers Submarine Pipelines in various diameters ranging between 6 inch to 24 inch, in addition to 60 kilometers Submarine Power and Communication Cables and associated works in water depths ranging between 52 meters to 70 meters.
As per the contract program, the first campaign is scheduled for completion by end 2007 and the second campaign to be completed by mid 2009.
This is the second EPIC contract awarded to NPCC by Maersk Oil Qatar AS for Block 5 Field Development Plan. In May 2006, NPCC was awarded an EPIC contract for Jackets, Bridges and Risers.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) more info
- Unique System Bags Deal to Support NPCC's Projects in ME, South Asia (Jan 16)
- Technip-NPCC Consortium Wins $1.69B EPC Deal for Umm Lulu Field (Aug 29)
- UAE-France JV Win $1.6B Oil Field Project in Abu Dhabi (Aug 27)