Saipem Wins $430 Million in Offshore Construction Projects
Saipem has been awarded two new contracts worth in excess of US $430 million for offshore construction in Egypt and Brazil.
The first contract (EPIC: Engineering, procurement, installation, construction), awarded by Burullus Gas Company, is for the expansion of the existing Scarab/Saffron and Simian subsea developments, located offshore the Nile river delta, about 120 km northeast of Alexandria. The contract encompasses design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of the subsea development system for eight additional wells, at a maximum water depth of 1,000 meters. The activities will be carried out by the vessels Saibos FDS (Field Development Ship) and Sonsub Normand Cutter and will be completed at the end of 2007.
The second contract, awarded by Companhia Mexilhao do Brasil, is for the transport and installation of the offshore structures related to the Petrobras Mexilhao field development, in the Santos Basin, located about 140 km from the shore of the State of Sao Paulo. The contract covers the transport and installation of the jacket, piles and topside modules of the PMXL-1 platform, weighing about 24,000 tons. Saipem 7000 will be the vessel carrying out the work, which will take place in the first half of 2009.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Burullus Gas Company more info
- Diamond Offshore Mobilizes Rig from GOM to Egypt (Jul 09)
- Technip Awarded EPIC Contract Offshore Egypt (Jun 30)
- Technip Wins EPIC Gig for West Delta Deep Marine Phase VII (Dec 10)