Toyo and Hyundai Win LPU Project for Pearl GTL
Toyo Engineering Corp. and Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd. have jointly received a lump-sum contract for the engineering, procurement, and construction of a 140,000-bpd liquid processing unit (LPU) for Qatar Shell GTL Limited at Ras Laffan in Qatar.
The plant is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2010. The LPU unit is one of the major components of the Pearl GTL Project and is designed to maximize Qatar's natural gas usage.
Toyo, the leader of the consortium, will perform basic engineering, major equipment procurement, and commissioning while Hyundai will undertake detailed engineering, equipment (other than major equipment), and bulk material procurement and construction work.
- Canada LNG Project Developers Trim List of FEED Contenders (Jan 30)
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
Company: Shell more info
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Qatar Calls For Increased Investment In Oil And Gas Markets (Sep 06)
- Qatar Energy Minister: Qatar Could Invest In German LNG Terminal (Sep 06)
- Qatar Petroleum Invites Firms To Bid For New Petrochemicals Complex (May 15)
Company: Toyo Engineering Corp. more info
- Toyo Bags Turnkey Contract for Regasification Plant at Dahej, India (Mar 11)
- Aibel Clinches Deal for P-74 FPSO Project (Jul 30)
- Toyo Targeted for FPSO Topside Work at Angola's Block 31 (Oct 23)