Max Petroleum Taps Young for CFO
Max Petroleum PLC said that Michael B. Young has been appointed as the company's chief financial officer, effective Sept. 1, 2006.
Young will join from Whittier Energy Corp., a Houston-based independent oil and gas exploration and production company, where he has been the CFO and principal accounting officer since September 2003.
From 1998 to 2002 Young worked for Chaparral Resources, Inc., an oil and gas exploration and production company with operated assets in Kazakhstan, culminating in the role of vice president and CFO. From 1991 until 1998, Young worked in a number of capacities in the oil and gas tax practice of Arthur Andersen LLP.
Young joins as an officer of the company, which is not a board-level position, and will be based in Max Petroleum's London office.
"Having worked with Mike Young at Whittier Energy and Chaparral Resources I have seen the tremendous contribution he has made at those two companies and have no doubt that he will be a key addition to Max Petroleum's management team as the company moves into its next phase of growth," said Jim Jeffs, Max Petroleum's chairman.
- AGR Energy Takes Controlling Stake in Tethys Petroleum (Jul 01)
- Max Petroleum in Last-Ditch Attempt to Stay Afloat (Feb 09)
- Max Petroleum Sees 4% Increase in Reserves (Jan 09)
Company: Whittier Energy more info
- Sterling Completes $145M Acquisition of Whittier (Mar 29)
- Whittier Stockholders Okay Sterling Merger (Mar 27)
- Sterling Energy to Acquire Whittier Energy for $188 Million (Jan 19)
Company: Chaparral Resources more info
- Barren Issues Prelim Update on Trading, Ops (Jan 16)
- Chaparral Stockholders Approve Merger (Sep 29)
- Max Petroleum Taps Young for CFO (Aug 03)