Ferguson Wins Contract for Sean-P Complex
Offshore accommodation provider Ferguson Modular has secured a 2-year contract for to supply a 16-person accommodation complex on Shell's (ONEGAS) Sean-P Gas Platform in the southern North Sea for offshore services specialists AJS.
The £500,000 order calls on Ferguson to provide four 10.3m modules linked and stacked to form a complex on the platform to provide additional bed space. The extra accommodations will house a construction crew that will perform compression upgrade work and brownfield development over the next 24 months. The contract also includes the provision of A60 workspace cabins, which will support further modifications work on the project.
Ferguson said that the Inverurie Company's flexible designs provide an effective solution due to their ability to link and stack their modules to form large accommodation complexes on rigs, platforms, and vessels, increasing POB capacities. The most recent installation is a 64-person complex on Global Santa Fe's Galaxy II jackup rig in Canada. The modules can be quickly hooked-up and connected to onboard facilities via their new "plug and play" design, which minimizes the amount of time needed for installation and commissioning.
"We are delighted to have secured this contract with AJS," said Gary Wilson, Ferguson's divisional manager for module hire. "We have recently commissioned a large number of POB solutions for clients both in the North Sea and abroad who are finding that temporary living quarters is a more cost-effective solution in comparison with re-fits and flotels."
"Having recently announced further investment and expansion of our hire fleet, which will help us meet the demands of our clients, plans are in place to increase the hire fleet to 175 modules before the end of the year. This will help us maintain our position of having the most modern offshore accommodation rental fleet in Europe."
Ferguson's Modular Division plan to launch a new module design at this year's ONS oil show in Stavanger next month aimed at the Norwegian market.
Ferguson Modular is part of the Ferguson Group and has been building A60 offshore accommodation modules since 1976. The company's products are built in-house at Inverurie to the latest specifications, and its product range includes a variety of A60 DNV 2.7-1 offshore accommodation and workspace modules predominantly for the offshore market and Modupack a unique and flexible panel system module suitable for onshore use.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: GlobalSantaFe more info
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)
Company: AJS more info
- Ferguson Wins Contract for Sean-P Complex (Aug 03)