JP Kenny Wins BP Contract
JP Kenny Caledonia Ltd, (JPK), a subsidiary of John Wood Group PLC (Wood Group), has been awarded a significant contract in support of BP's operations in the North Sea.
The 3-year contract, worth approximately £10 million, includes both engineering and operational support and follows on from the previous contract held by JPK since 2001. JPK has recently begun work on a number of engineering workscopes for the Machar field, along with a feasibility study for a new development in the Central North Sea.
"We are extremely pleased with this contract award which continues to develop our working relationship with BP both in the North Sea and on a global basis," said Gary Webster, operations director for JPK. "JPK's commitment to performance, safety and people played a significant role in securing this contract."
Wood Group is an international energy services company with more than $2.8bn sales, employing more than 16,000 people worldwide and operating in 40 countries. The group has three businesses--Engineering & Production Facilities, Well Support, and Gas Turbine Services--providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide.
JP Kenny, a leading independent pipeline and subsea engineering organization, operates from ten locations worldwide and provides its clients with solutions that range from the planning stage through to procurement, fabrication, construction management, commissioning and operations support services. The JP Kenny Group operates within the Wood Group Engineering & Production Facilities division.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: JP Kenny more info
- J P Kenny Awarded Global Subsea Agreement by BP (Dec 17)
- Wood Group Makes Strategic Move into India (Apr 12)
- Subsea UK Names JP Kenny 'Company of the Year' (Feb 19)