Qatargas 3, 4 Offshore LNG Projects Go to J. Ray
McDermott International, Inc. said that a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. was recently awarded an engineering, procurement, construction, and installation contract for three wellhead topsides bound for Qatar's North field, for the Qatargas 3 and Qatargas 4 offshore projects.
"It's an honor for us to be selected by the Qatargas 3 and 4 ventures for this project, which follows the award of the jacket fabrication work earlier this year," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray. "There is significant potential for oil and gas field development in Qatar and every project award strengthens our experience and market position in the region."
J. Ray will design, purchase materials, construct, transport, install, hook-up, and mechanically complete three wellhead decks, WHP7, WHP8 and WHP9, each weighing approximately 2,100MT. Engineering and procurement has recently commenced and construction is expected to begin by April 2007 at J. Ray's Jebel Ali fabrication facility. All three well head decks are anticipated to be complete by the last quarter of 2008.
Qatargas 3 is an integrated project, jointly owned by Qatar Petroleum (68.5%), ConocoPhillips (30%), and Mitsui (1.5%). Qatargas 4 will be implemented through a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (70%) and Shell (30%). Each project comprises upstream gas production facilities to produce approximately 1.4 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas, including an average of approximately 70,000 bbl/d of Liquefied Petroleum Gas and condensate combined from Qatar's North Field over the 25-year life of the project. The projects will each include a 7.8 million tonnes-per-annum LNG train. The first LNG cargos from Qatargas 3 are expected to be delivered in 2009. First LNG cargos from Qatargas 4 are scheduled for around the end of the decade.
McDermott International, Inc. is a leading worldwide energy services company. McDermott subsidiaries provide engineering, construction, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management and facility management services to a variety of customers in the power and energy industries
- Subsea Contract Features Made-in-India Element (Oct 03)
- Thailand Olefins Project Goes to McDermott (Oct 01)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Qatar Calls For Increased Investment In Oil And Gas Markets (Sep 06)
- Qatar Energy Minister: Qatar Could Invest In German LNG Terminal (Sep 06)
- Qatar Petroleum Invites Firms To Bid For New Petrochemicals Complex (May 15)