J. Ray Garners Installation Projects in India
McDermott International, Inc. said that a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. recently won two new contracts to provide installation services. Both awards are part of field development activities by India's Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC).
The first contract, awarded by Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., is for the installation of an eight-leg 3,516MT jacket, with 16 skirt piles, four 72" diameter main piles, pipeline spools, two bridges, six decks, and modules weighing around 1,100MT each. The project is part of ONGC's Vasai East Development expansion of the Bassein East oil field, which is located east of the existing South Bassein gas field 50 miles northwest of Mumbai. Projects of this type are typically valued at more than $35 million. Installation will be carried out in the last quarter of 2007 by one of J. Ray's derrick barges.
The second contract, awarded by Larsen & Toubro Limited, involves the installation of four wellhead platforms, three connecting bridges, and two subsea pipelines in the Mumbai High and Bassein fields for ONGC's MH-B and S-4 Wellhead Platform project. Contracts of this type are typically valued at more than $45 million.
The four wellhead platforms will be installed in an average water depth of 200 feet. Three of these platforms--NEA, NHA and N2A--will be installed in the Mumbai High field. The fourth platform, BF, will be located in the Bassein field. All jackets consist of 64" and 66" diameter main piles. J. Ray will also install three bridges to connect the existing platforms to the new well heads. Structural installation will begin before the end of the year, and J. Ray's in-house engineering department will handle the construction engineering. The entire project is due for completion by the end of the first quarter of 2007.
McDermott International, Inc. is a leading worldwide energy services company. Its subsidiaries provide engineering, construction, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management, and facility management services to a variety of customers in the power and energy industries.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 42 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- India's ONGC Raises $2.38B From Banks To Buy Refinery Stake (Jan 23)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)