PDVSA and Gazprom Sign Gas Development Contract
On July 27, the Gazprom subsidiary OOO VNIIGAZ signed a contract with Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA) that calls on VNIIGAZ to develop a "general scheme" for the mid- and long-term development of Venezuela's gas industry.
According to Gazprom, both parties will assess the status and potential of the Venezuela's mineral resource base development; gas demand forecasts; and projections in the gas production, transmission, distribution, underground storage, and processing sectors.
The contract signing represents greater cooperation between Gazprom and PDVSA within the memorandum of understanding that both companies signed in January 2005. The MOU outlines joint businesses in the energy sector: exploration & development of gas fields, development of oil & gas transmission infrastructure, gasification, processing of natural gas, introduction of innovative technology, and staff training. The parties also agreed to explore the potential for natural and liquefied gas shipments from Venezuela to third countries.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)