Delmar Sets New Conventional Record Mooring Depth
Delmar Systems, Inc., working with Murphy Exploration and Production Co., USA to moor Diamond Offshore's semi-submersible drilling rig Ocean Victory, has set another conventional mooring record water depth of 5,675 feet in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) at Mississippi Canyon 819 (Thunderbird).
The deepest of the eight-leg mooring systems was located in 5,930 feet--a record in itself for a conventional anchor. The GOM record depth was established using the rig's self-contained mooring system. SEACOR Marine provided the anchor-handling vessel, Gerard Jordan, for this operation, incorporating Delmar's permanent chain chaser methodology.
Delmar said that the Thunderbird project is not its first claim to a record. The Broussard, La.-based offshore mooring company holds water depth records in insert wire and suction anchor mooring, both with polyester and steel wire rope components.
"Delmar continues to develop and execute the most innovative efficient mooring solutions to reach the deep and ultradeep waters here in the Gulf of Mexico and around the world," said Matt Smith, Delmar's vice president and chief operations officer. "Since 1968, Delmar has been recognized as the leader in serving the offshore oil and gas industry and will continue this commitment. We pride ourselves on this reputation and the opportunity it affords us to participate with other companies in order to accomplish world-record milestones."
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: SEACOR more info
- SEACOR, Reflex Team Up to Create New Personnel Transportation (Feb 04)
- Nabors and Seacor Team Up in Offshore Support Vessel Market (Jun 29)
- Delmar Sets New Conventional Record Mooring Depth (Jul 31)
Company: Delmar Systems more info
- Delmar Completes Mooring Installation at WhoDat Field (Aug 19)
- Delmar Awarded Mooring Contract by Noble (Aug 03)
- Delmar Installs 'World's Heaviest' Tree Systems in the Gulf of Mexico (Dec 03)