Newfield to Use the Newbuild West Berani on its Belumut Development Program
SapuraCrest Petroleum's subsidiary, Tioman Drilling Company, has been awarded a contract from Newfield Peninsula Malaysia Inc for the West Berani tender that is currently under construction in Singapore.
The West Berani is owned by SeaDrill, which is also the shareholding partner of Tioman, with their respective shareholdings therein of 49% and 51%.
Newfield will use the West Berani in its Block PM323 Belumut development drilling program. The contract is for two years and will start once construction on the rig is completed in January or February 2007. The contract has an aggregate value of US $87,000,000.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)