Gulf Island Fabrication Wins Work from Daewoo
Gulf Island Fabrication's subsidiary, G.M. Fabricators, L.P. d/b/a Gulf Marine Fabricators, has received a letter of intent from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd. ("DSME"), to fabricate and load-out the Tower Top Section ("TTS") and the Tower Bottom Section ("TBS") for the Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd. Tombua Landana DDP Compliant Tower Project. Financial terms of this specific contract will not be disclosed.
The majority of the fabrication, assembly and load-out will be performed at the Gulf Marine Fabricators facility located in South Texas. Some components of the project will be fabricated at the Gulf Island, L.L.C facility located in Houma, Louisiana. Gulf Island, L.L.C. is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. Gulf Marine expects to begin fabrication during the first quarter of 2007 and expects to deliver the project in the third quarter of 2008.
This project, included with several other projects awarded since the Company released backlog information on July 26, 2006, increases the Company's backlog to $344.0 million and 3.3 million man-hours remaining to work.
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. more info
- Gulf Island Fabrication Signs LOI for GOM Hull Fabrication Proj. (Apr 29)
- Gulf Island Fabrication Inks Fabrication, Integration Contract in GOM (Nov 23)
- Gulf Island Marine to Build Offshore Support Vessels in Iraq (Mar 19)