Vetco to Upgrade F&G Detection Systems on Ula
BP Norge and Vetco Aibel have signed a US$9-million contract that calls on Vetco Aibel to engineer, procure, install, and commission new fire and gas detectors with its control systems on the three Ula platforms. The Ula field, located in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, is operated by BP Norge.
”Vetco Aibel has long experience and professional people within fire and gas detecting,” said R. Rasmus Sunde, the company’s president and CEO. “When BP Norge now awards us this contract, we take it as recognition of our solid expertise.”
The Ula Fire & Gas Upgrade projects include removal of all 1,200 existing detectors and its control systems--without disturbing production--and replacing them with 1,400 new state-of-the-art detectors. Such technology will increase the coverage and quality of detected information.
The project team will be located in Stavanger, Norway, and the offshore installation will be done by staff from Haugesund,Norway.
The project starts immediately and is slated for completion in the second quarter of 2008.
Vetco Aibel is a leading provider of upstream oil and gas production facilities, process systems, technology, and products. From new build to decommission, the company also maintains, modifies, and operates on and offshore facilities.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Vetco Aibel AS more info
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Karsto Engineering Contract (Aug 30)
- Aibel Awarded FEED Study for New Ekofisk Topsides (Sep 14)
- Aibel Opens Office in Hammerfest (Jul 01)