Foster Wheeler Wins Greater Ekofisk Contract
Foster Wheeler Ltd. announced that its UK subsidiary, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, part of its Global Engineering and Construction Group, has been awarded a contract by Vetco Aibel AS to provide engineering and procurement services for modifications to extend the life of existing platforms in the Greater Ekofisk area in the Norwegian North Sea for ConocoPhillips.
Foster Wheeler's Glasgow operation in Scotland will carry out front-end engineering design, detailed engineering, management and administration, and supply chain management for Vetco Aibel, which has a frame agreement with ConocoPhillips for the engineering, onshore fabrication and offshore completion services for the Greater Ekofisk modifications.
The terms of the contract were not disclosed, and the project will be included in Foster Wheeler's second-quarter 2006 bookings.
“Foster Wheeler is very pleased to be supporting Vetco Aibel in their delivery of services to ConocoPhillips,” said Frazer Mackay, general manager, Glasgow operation, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited. “We are very proud of our own long and successful oil and gas track record and this relationship reflects the complementary oil and gas and project execution skills of our two organizations.”
“We are delighted to have the support of Foster Wheeler for the supply of engineering services on the Greater Ekofisk modification program. Foster Wheeler scored very highly in our Quality Assessments and we look forward to having them on board,” commented Ian Malcolmson, supply chain manager, Vetco Aibel AS.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: Vetco Aibel AS more info
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Karsto Engineering Contract (Aug 30)
- Aibel Awarded FEED Study for New Ekofisk Topsides (Sep 14)
- Aibel Opens Office in Hammerfest (Jul 01)