Beach Reports New Field Discovery in Cooper-Eromanga
Beach Petroleum said Wednesday that a new oil field has been discovered at Callawonga-1 in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin in South Australia.
Located in permit PEL-92, the new field is approximately 7 kilometers from a Beach-Cooper Energy, Ltd. joint venture’s established facilities at Christies.
“DST 1 conducted late yesterday over the uppermost Namur Sandstone interval 1,340-1,346 meters resulted in a flow of oil to surface in 15 minutes,” said Hector Gordon, Beach’s chief operating officer, in a written statement to the Australian Stock Exchange. “The final rate was 2,400 barrels of oil/day flowing at a stabilized wellhead pressure of 115 psi through a ½-inch surface choke. No water was observed during the test and a full string of oil was recovered.”
At 6 a.m. local time on July 26, the rig was preparing to drill ahead to further evaluate the Namur Sandstone oil zone and deeper objectives.
Participants in the Callawonga-1 well are Beach Petroleum Ltd (Operator) 75 % and
Cooper Energy Ltd (25 %).
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Cooper Energy NL more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- Cooper Chalks Up Double Oil Strike With Christies-7 Well (Jul 05)
- Drilling Continues at Cooper's Riley Well (May 17)