Oceaneering Wins Contract for BOP Control System
Oceaneering International, Inc. said that it has been awarded a contract valued at more than $13 million by Frontier Drilling USA to deliver a new-generation, subsea blowout preventer (BOP) control system.
The electro-hydraulic, microprocessor-based control and data acquisition system will feature proprietary components and technologies designed for long term, critical service, and reliable operation in deepwater environments.
The BOP control system is being built for installation onboard the Frontier Peregrine II drillship. This vessel is currently undergoing a substantial refit, including an operating water depth upgrade to over 5,000 feet with a subsea BOP system and 9,000 feet with a surface BOP system, in order to perform drilling and development operations worldwide.
Oceaneering is an advanced applied technology company that provides engineered services and hardware to Customers who operate in marine, space, and other harsh environments. Oceaneering's services and products are marketed worldwide to oil and gas companies, government agencies, and firms in the aerospace and marine engineering and construction industries.
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)
Company: Frontier Drilling ASA more info
- Noble Expands, Enhances Global Fleet with Frontier Acquisition (Jun 28)
- Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations (Jun 28)
- Noble Nourishing Relationship With Shell (Jun 28)