Cirrus to Increase Stake in M7 License
Cirrus Energy Corp. said that its wholly owned subsidiary, Cirrus Energy Nederland B.V., has entered into an agreement with Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij B.V. (NAM) whereby Cirrus will acquire NAM's 31.25% interest in the M7 license on the Netherlands continental shelf in consideration for a sliding scale royalty payable to NAM out of future production revenues. Cirrus is currently the operator of the M7 license with a 13.06% interest.
The interest to be acquired could be reduced by 5%, to 29.6875% if an option to participate in the acquisition, granted to a company affiliated with a Cirrus director, is exercised.
The transaction has an effective date of April 1, 2006, and is expected to close by September 30, 2006, subject to pre-emption rights and approvals by partners and the relevant government and regulatory authorities.
Cirrus Energy Corp. is an international oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary and currently has 43,267,333 common shares outstanding (45,832,333 fully diluted).
- NAM and GDF SUEZ Begin Talks for Dutch Assets (Sep 15)
- NAM to Divest Several Offshore Assets (Oct 17)
- Northern Gets Consent to Transfer Licenses (Jul 30)
Company: Cirrus Energy more info
- Cirrus to Sell Stake in Coora Field (Nov 03)
- Cirrus: Production Remains Shut-In at MO7-A Field (Oct 15)
- Production Shut-In at Netherlands Field (Sep 23)