Chevron Sees Good Results from Big Foot Sidetrack
Chevron says that operations on the sidetrack well at the Big Foot discovery on Walker Ridge 29 have concluded. The block is approximately 225 miles south of New Orleans, La., and is located in approximately 5,000 feet of water.
Operated by a Chevron subsidiary, Chevron U.S.A. Inc., the Big Foot Well No. 2 Sidetrack 3 reached a total vertical depth of 24,434 feet to a location approximately one-half mile north and significantly downdip of the discovery well. This sidetrack encountered the same pay intervals as seen in the discovery well with approximately 300 feet of net oil pay. Further appraisal drilling will be conducted, the timing of which is still under consideration.
Chevron owns a 60 percent working interest in Big Foot. Partners are Anadarko Petroleum Corporation with 15 percent, Plains Exploration & Production Company with 12.5 percent and Shell with 12.5 percent.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Plains Exploration & Production more info
- Noble, PXP Shake Hands on UDW Drillships for Gulf of Mexico (Apr 18)
- BP Sells Non-Strategic GOM Assets for $5.5B (Sep 10)
- PXP Posts Early Tender Offer Results for Senior Notes (Dec 01)