Halliburton Wins Contract for Woodside’s PoG Project
Halliburton’s Production Optimization Division was recently awarded a pipeline and process services (PPS) contract by Technip Oceania Pty Ltd for testing and pre-commissioning services for the North West Shelf Venture’s Perseus over Goodwyn (PoG) Project.
Operated by Woodside Energy Ltd, the PoG development is located 134 kilometers off the northwest coast of Western Australia and is one of several developments being undertaken within the larger North West Shelf area. Woodside is further developing the Perseus gas/condensate field via a subsea tieback to the Goodwyn A platform, approximately 15 kilometers northeast of the field.
The PPS work scope will be completed over a two-month period starting in November 2006 and will involve the pre-flooding of spools and associated assemblies, riser filling, post tie-in leak testing, bulk dewatering, and an option for umbilical monitoring during lay.
“Halliburton is developing an excellent working relationship with Technip across all services, and we look forward to working with both them and Woodside on this project,” said Lars Hallgren, PPS global business development manager in Halliburton’s Production Optimization Division. “There are considerable opportunities arising in Australasia and, indeed, in the Asia Pacific region, and we are making a firm commitment to the area with the appointment of key personnel and significant investment in expanding our fleet of equipment.”
- Halliburton Envisions Robo-Fracking (Aug 21)
- Hundreds Line Up for Gushing West Texas Oil Jobs (Aug 03)
- Oil, Gas Companies Focus on Recruitment, Retention in the Permian (Jul 24)
Company: Woodside more info
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: North West Shelf Australia LNG more info
- North West Shelf Increases LNG Supplies to Tohoku (Dec 04)
- HMC Returning to Australian Waters (Nov 28)
- CNOOC Boosts Q1 Production (Apr 26)