Europa Completes Bilca-2
Europa Oil & Gas said that the Bilca-2 well in Romania, which encountered gas while drilling in early 2005 but was suspended without testing, has now been perforated, tested, and completed as a production well. A short clean-up test on a restricted choke has demonstrated commercial gas production.
A clean-up rate of approximately 1 mmscfpd, achieved through an 8-mm choke is comparable to the flow rates obtained on a similar choke on the Bilca-1 well, which went on to test at 6.3 mmscfpd (1,050 boepd) through a 20-mm choke. The well has now been temporarily shut-in in preparation for commercial field production, which is due to commence in late-August.
The Bilca project lies in the northern part of the Romanian Carpathians, a prolific oil and gas province. Europa and its partners drilled Bilca-2 on the western extension of the Bilca seismic anomaly in early 2005 following the success of Bilca-1, and the well was cased without being tested. Europa’s partners include Falcon Oil & Gas srl (a subsidiary of Aurelian Oil & Gas plc), Romgaz SA, and Millennium IRL (a subsidiary of Ascent Resources plc).
“We are pleased with these initial results for the Bilca-2 well,” said Paul Barrett, Europa’s managing director. “This will ensure we have a full complement of production wells ready to supply the start-up of the Bilca production facilities in a little over a month’s time.”
- Ascent Resources Appoints Interim CEO (Sep 11)
- Ascent Resources Appoints New CFO (Aug 03)
- Brazil's Odebrecht, Braskem to Operate US Petrochemical Project (Apr 10)
Company: Europa Oil & Gas more info
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)
Company: Romgaz SA more info
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania To Start Gas Production At New Caragele Field In 2019 (May 12)
- Report: Romanian Romgaz to Partner Lukoil on Black Sea Exploration (Nov 20)
Company: Aurelian Oil & Gas plc more info
- Aurelian Receives Extension for Poland License (Feb 24)
- Aurelian Awarded Polish License Duo (Jan 04)
- Aurelian Discovers Gas at Polish Krzesinki Well (Oct 18)