Hardy Spuds Well in Bay of Bengal
Hardy Oil and Gas plc, which owns significant interests in India, said that its two-well drilling program on Block CY-OS/2 in the Cauvery Basin offshore the east coast of India has commenced.
The first exploration well commenced drilling on Sunday. The Fan E-1 well is located in approximately 90m of water (295 ft) and is being drilled by the Deep Driller-1 jackup rig. With a total depth of approximately 2,500m, the Fan E1 well will be terminating within the Precambrian Basement. The primary target consists of sands within a potential Eocene fan system.
The second exploration well (Fan A-1) will commence upon completion of Fan E-1. The Fan A-1 well has a target depth of approximately 4,500m. The primary target is a Campanian slope fan and the secondary target is the Turonian sands.
Upon completion of the CY-OS/2 drilling program, Deep Driller-1 is expected to move to the GS-OSN-2000/1 block in the Gujarat-Saurashtra basin off the west coast of India. Reliance Industries Limited is the operator of this block, in which Hardy has a 10% working interest.
Hardy is the operator of the CY-OS/2 block, which is located approximately 12km from the east coast of India. Hardy has a 75-percent equity share in the block, with GAIL (India) Limited holding the remaining 25 percent. Given that CY-OS/2 is a pre- NELP (New Exploration License Program) PSC, in the event of a commercial discovery ONGC has an option to “back-in” to the block for 30 percent.
Results from the two wells are expected to be available in the fourth quarter of
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)
Company: Hardy Oil more info
- India's Reliance, Partners Abandon East Coast Oil and Gas Block (Dec 24)
- Hardy Wins India Court Decision over Ganesha-1 Discovery (Feb 04)
- Hardy In Talks to Increase Stake Offshore India (Jan 10)