Petrobras Prepares Tender for 30,000b/d FPSO
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) plans to start the tender process next week for construction of a new floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel with capacity of some 30,000 barrels a day, news service Agencia Estado reported.
As such, Petrobras plans to send invitation letters for the tender to international offshore support companies including Japan's Modec, Italy's Saipem and SBM and Norway's Frontier Drilling and Prosafe, the news service reported.
The FPSO would be used for production tests in priority oilfields. Petrobras already leases a low-capacity FPSO called Seillean in the area from US offshore support company Single Buoy Moorings.
The program is known as PIPA (the Portuguese acronym for forward itinerant production project) and allows Petrobras to focus on specific projects to develop them faster.
The new FPSO has to be delivered at the start of 2008 and will need to have a minimum national content of 7-10% and capacity to work at water depths of 2,500 meters.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Prosafe SE more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Frontier Drilling ASA more info
- Noble Expands, Enhances Global Fleet with Frontier Acquisition (Jun 28)
- Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations (Jun 28)
- Noble Nourishing Relationship With Shell (Jun 28)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)