Eni Renews Contract with Saipem 10000 Drillship
Saipem has been awarded a contract with Eni for the Saipem 10000 drillship that is valued in excess of US $390 million.
Eni will use Saipem 10000 to perform worldwide drilling operations from the third quarter of 2009. The contract lasts 3 years and includes the 18-month extension that Eni has decided to exercise as part of the previous charter contract. The rig is currently working for Total offshore Angola.
Saipem 10000 is a state-of-the-art ultra deepwater drillship, capable of operating in water depths up to 3,000 meters in full dynamic positioning and drilling to depths of up to 10,000 meters.
Saipem (43% owned by Eni) is a leader in the provision of Engineering, Procurement, Project Management and Construction services for the Oil & Gas Industry, with unique capabilities in designing and executing large scale offshore and onshore projects. Saipem has a strong bias for operating in deepwater and remote areas. It has significant technological competence in gas monetization and heavy oil exploration.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)