Schlumberger, Baker Hughes Garner Statoil Contracts
Statoil has awarded two integrated drilling service contracts to Schlumberger Norge and Baker Hughes Norge AS. With the options included, the contracts will have a total value of NOK1.8 billion (US$288 million).
The contracts' duration is 2 years with extension options of two times two years, commencing Sept. 1, 2006. The contracts cover delivery of directional drilling (MWD/LWD) and mud logging on several Statoil-operated fields in the Norwegian continental shelf.
“Schlumberger and Baker Hughes have been awarded the contracts because they supplied the best combined technical and commercial offers,” says Anders Opedal, vice president for procurements in the drilling and well technology business unit in Statoil’s Technology and Projects (T&P). “The companies are also suppliers of these services for other Statoil-operated licenses and have demonstrated a good health, safety, and environment (HSE) culture.”
Schlumberger Norge has been awarded integrated drilling services for the following fields: Heidrun, Sleipner, Volve, and exploration. In addition, the company will provide services in wildcat drilling. The contract is worth NOK420 million (US$67.2 million) without options.
Baker Hughes will carry out integrated drilling services on the Tyrihans fields in the Norwegian Sea. This contract, without options, is worth NOK80 million (US$12.8 million).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- Baker Hughes: Oil Drillers In Canada Boost Rigs To 10-Month High (Jan 12)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Ends 2017 40% Above Year-Ago Levels (Dec 29)
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)