PDVSA Signs E&P JVs with Perenco, Lundin, Tecpetrol
Venezuela's state oil firm PDVSA has signed two E&P joint venture agreements under a new plan that gives the state majority control of the operations, PDVSA said in a statement.
The new JVs "are the beginning of a new stage in the history of the national oil industry, one in which PDVSA is recovering full oil sovereignty," PDVSA acting president Eulogio del Pino said.
In one of the joint ventures called Baripetrol, PDVSA ended up with 60%; Argentina's Tecpetrol with 17.5%; Sweden's Lundin with 5%; and France's Perenco with 17.5%. Baripetrol will operate in Zulia state's Colon field, which produces 13,600 barrels a day (b/d).
In the second joint venture, called Petrowarao, PDVSA gets a 60% stake and Perenco the remaining 40%. The JV covers the 4,900b/d Pedernales field in the Orinoco river delta plus the 2,000b/d Ambrosio field in Zulia state.
Venezuela's national assembly has approved another 19 similar JVs, which are due to be signed in the next few weeks. The fields together produce some 500,000b/d, according to PDVSA figures.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Gasoline Shortages Grip Venezuela's Capital (Dec 20)
- Venezuelans Face Gasoline Shortages (Nov 01)
Company: Perenco more info
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)