W&T Announces Executive Promotion
W&T Offshore, Inc. said Wednesday that it has promoted Stephen L. Schroeder to chief operating officer.
Schroeder, 43, most recently served as W&T’s vice president of production. He joined the company in 1998 as staff reservoir engineer and served as production manager from 1999 until July 2005. Previously, he was with Exxon for 13 years. Schroeder has a B.S. in petroleum engineering from Texas A&M University and an M.B.A. from Loyola University New Orleans.
“I am very happy to announce Steve's promotion today,” said Tracy W. Krohn, W&T’s chairman and CEO. “He is a talented individual who has made significant contributions to W&T's success. With our plans for substantial growth, we are confident that Steve's abundance of industry experience and leadership skills will help us to continue to build on our solid track record.”
Founded in 1983, W&T Offshore is an independent oil and natural gas company focused primarily in the Gulf of Mexico, including exploration in the deep water, where it has developed significant technical expertise. W&T has grown through acquisition, exploitation, and exploration and now holds working interests in more than 100 fields in federal and state waters. A majority of its daily production is derived from wells it operates.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: W&T Offshore more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- W&T Offshore Strikes Black Gold at Mahogany Field (Jan 06)
- US Jury Finds Apache Did Not Breach Contract With W&T Offshore (Dec 15)
- W&T Ban From Bidding For Oil Could Last 3 Years, EPA Says (Dec 03)