Total's Second Gotcha Deep Well Encounters Oil
Total says its second well on Alaminos Canyon Block 856 at its Gotcha Deep prospect encountered 85 feet of oil pay in the main objective. The well was drilled in 7,800 feet of water to a total depth of 15,625 feet by the Stena Tay.
This second successful well confirms the extent of the structure of Alaminos Canyon Block 856. Development options for this block are currently being evaluated.
The block is located approximately 140 miles east of the Texas coast in an area where several discoveries have already been made.
Total E&P USA, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Total S.A. is the operator with a 70% interest. Nexen Petroleum USA, Inc. is a non-operator with a 30% interest.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)