Statoil to Use Transocean's Polar Pioneer on Alve
Statoil ASA has been given consent to drill the exploration well 6507/3-5S using Transocean's Polar Pioneer. Consent was also given for production drilling as well.
The well will be drilled for testing to determine its hydrocarbon potential and as a production well for the gas and condensate discovery Alve.
The Alve discovery belongs to production license 159B, block 6507/3, located approximately 180 km off the coast of Helgeland.
The activity has an estimated duration of 60 days. After the drilling is completed, the rig will move to the Barents Sea to drill a well for Eni Norge AS.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
- Norwegian Sea Gift Keeps on Giving (Oct 05)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)