Statoil to Use Transocean's Polar Pioneer on Alve
Statoil ASA has been given consent to drill the exploration well 6507/3-5S using Transocean's Polar Pioneer. Consent was also given for production drilling as well.
The well will be drilled for testing to determine its hydrocarbon potential and as a production well for the gas and condensate discovery Alve.
The Alve discovery belongs to production license 159B, block 6507/3, located approximately 180 km off the coast of Helgeland.
The activity has an estimated duration of 60 days. After the drilling is completed, the rig will move to the Barents Sea to drill a well for Eni Norge AS.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)