Marathon Gets Green Light for Manned Subsea Operations on Alvheim
Marathon Petroleum Norge AS has been given consent to perform manned subsea operations on Alvheim in connection with the development of the field.
Start up of the planned work is around July 10, 2006. The diving operations will last approximately 60 days.
The Alvheim development was approved October 8, 2004. The field contains both oil and gas.
Alvheim is a joint development of the discoveries Kameleon, Kneler and Boa. The discoveries are located in the North Sea, west of the Heimdal field. Alvheim will be developed using seabed installations tied in to a floating production and oil storage vessel.
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)