FMC to Supply Turret Mooring System for Stybarrow
FMC Technologies, Inc. said that it has been awarded a contract by MODEC Inc. for the supply of a turret mooring system for a floating, production, storage, and offloading system (FPSO) for the Stybarrow field, offshore northwestern Australia. The value of the contract is approximately $62 million in revenue.
The Stybarrow FPSO will be operated by BHP Billiton and will be capable of receiving up to 80,000 barrels of oil per day and storing approximately 900,000 barrels of oil. The SOFEC® disconnectable internal turret mooring system will have 12 risers and umbilicals that will be installed in 2,706 ft (825 m) of water.
"FMC Technologies is pleased to be working with MODEC and BHP Billiton," said Peter Kinnear, FMC’s president. "This will be the third SOFEC mooring system installed in Australia and the twenty-first FPSO/FSO project completed jointly by FMC Technologies and MODEC."
FMC Technologies, Inc. is a global leader providing mission-critical technology solutions for the energy, food processing, and air transportation industries. The company designs, manufactures, and services technologically sophisticated systems and products for its customers through its Energy Systems (comprising Energy Production Systems and Energy Processing Systems), FoodTech, and Airport Systems businesses. FMC employs approximately 10,000 people and operates 32 manufacturing facilities in 17 countries.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)