Independence Hub Hull Arrives
Atlantia Offshore reports that its DeepDraft Semi for the Independence Hub development has arrived in Ingleside, Texas. Dockwise's Mighty Servant 3 delivered the hull on June 19th and the hull was successfully offloaded and towed to Kiewit Offshore Services, where it ultimately will be integrated with the topsides at quay-side.
Deepwater installation of the Hub is planned for later this year. Once installed, the Atlantia DeepDraft Semi will support a total payload (deck, topsides equipment and risers) of approximately 19,000 tons. Total designed throughput of the process facility will be one billion cubic feet per day of natural gas. The hull is also designed to carry the loads of one 20" export gas line,16 infield flowlines, and 12 umbilicals supporting production from 10 initial fields.
Independence Hub is owned by Enterprise Products Partners, L.P. and Helix Energy Solutions and will be operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, on behalf of the Atwater Valley Producers Group. Once installed in the Gulf of Mexico in Mississippi Canyon Block 920 in 8,000 feet of water, the Independence Hub will be the deepest floating production facility in the world. The Atwater Valley Producers Group is comprised of Anadarko Petroleum, Dominion Exploration, Kerr-McGee, Hydro Gulf of Mexico LLC, Devon Energy and Energy Resources Technology.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Anadarko Names Former EVP, CFO as New President (Nov 16)
- Anadarko to Sell Delaware and DJ Midstream Assets (Nov 08)
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- Enterprise Breaks Ground on Another NGL Expansion (Sep 05)
- Enterprise Products Partners To Expand Seaway Pipeline Capacity (Aug 01)
- Offshore Texas Oil Terminal Could Load Asia-, Europe-bound VLCCs (Jul 17)
Company: Atlantia Offshore Limited more info
- Atlantia Unveils SCR-friendly Semisub FPU (Feb 08)
- Aker Kvaerner to Install Thunder Hawk FPU (Jan 11)
- Independence Hub Successfully Integrated (Sep 26)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)